Browsers are inherently insecure because they are always at the frontline of end user’s encounter with unknown. Because web browsers are used most frequently, it is vital to ensure they are secure. One way to do it is to move browser from end user’s device to the cloud. The emerging Browser as a Service market is forecast to reach $10 Billion by 2024, growing at CAGR 30% in the period 2019-2024. And it’s not only about security – the remote browser technology appeals to enterprise software vendors as a tool to penetrate the lucrative enterprise market with offerings of other products and services.
Some of the reasons to consider a remote browser:
- Security of the browser in the cloud is the best of the breed and centralized
- The largest security concern is separated from end user computer
- The remote browser session is disposable.
- New security vulnerabilities are often discovered after the software is configured and packaged by the manufacturer.
- Many web browsers are configured to provide increased functionality at the cost of decreased security.
- Endpoint users do not always know how to configure their web browsers securely.
- Many websites require that endpoint users enable certain features or install more software, putting the computer at additional risk.
- Many endpoint users are unwilling to enable or disable functionality as required to secure their web browser.
- Endpoint users have a tendency to click on links without considering the risks of their actions.
- Web page addresses can be disguised or take you to an unexpected site.
- Computer systems and software packages may be bundled with additional software, which increases the number of vulnerabilities that may be attacked.
- Third-party software may not have a mechanism for receiving security updates.
Source: Browser Meets Cloud
Technologies.org is a collaborative research tool maintained and supported by team of market analysts to track, monitor and share vital information on the latest technology trends by following money trail of government grants and venture capital deals. Sharing market intelligence data helps all parties develop a more complete integrated picture of market and technology trends.
Market Research Media Ltd, a leading market research firm, provides comprehensive market research reports and market analysis to assist governmental and corporate decision makers understand the dynamics of world’s technology markets. Fortune 500 companies, US Congress and EU government bodies rely on our strategic insights.
More cybersecurity market reports from Market Research Media:
- Deception Cybersecurity Market Analysis
- Browser as a Service Market
- U.S. Federal Cybersecurity Market Research
- U.S. Federal IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market Forecast
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI): U.S. Government Market Forecast
- Quantum Computing Market Forecast
- U.S. IT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Market